May 03, 2011

Brookstone case for iPad 2

I just purchased the "Brookstone Portfolio Case for iPad 2" with a built in keyboard. It's going to take some practice before I gain any sort of typing proficiency due to its small size, but I wouldn't want a bigger one that would compromise the convenience of the iPad's small size. So far, my biggest problem is hitting the "Up" arrow instead of the right shift key, but I think I'll get used to it eventually. Besides, I don't plan to write any novels on my iPad.

I purchased the case for the original iPad last week before they came out with this one, and ended up returning it. The keyboard felt "funny," the space bar didn't work consistently and some of the keys were in weird places. It also blocked the camera lenses, but the main reason I ended up taking it back was the slightest bump would turn the volume up or down when watching a movie. Not cool when wearing earbuds.

All those problems have now been solved. Yea!

I expect this case to work well for my intended purpose of quick blog updates, email and Twitter. If I happen to get a sudden burst of inspiration, I have a convenient way to capture it, since it all fits in my favorite purse, I'm more likely to have my iPad with me all the time.

I wish it would put the iPad to sleep and wake it up the way the "smart cover" does, but that's a minor inconvenience. The case was a bit pricey, but then again, so was the iPad.

It's a very popular product at my local Brookstone. There was another woman purchasing one when I walked in and they only had three left. (Two now, since I bought one of them). They are also available online.

All things considered, I rate this product 4 out of 5 stars. (If it came in pink I'd give it 5)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:05 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:47 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete